For the believers, the benefits of the Ramadhan month of fasting are too many to be counted. If one does recognize them and realize their importance, he wishes to have the month of Ramadhan to be throughout the whole year. While many of these benefits are spiritual, there are many scientific benefits of fasting that has been discovered very recently by modern medical science.
Below blessings and benefits of the month of fasting during Ramadhan have been grouped and summarized into different categories. They are summarized here without commentary. It should be remembered that all of these blessings were taken directly from Holy Quran and Hadith.
The following is a partial list for the blessings and benefits of the month of fasting during Ramadhan:
1.Fearing Allah (SWT)
2.Practicing the Revelations of Allah (SWT)
3.Accepting the little things that one has achieved
4.Preparing for departure from this world to the Hereafter
By accepting these criteria and by practicing them, the Muslim will achieve the concept of Taqwa in his private and public life.
4.Avoiding all makrooh/mashbooh/haram
By achieving these good manners, a Muslim will come out of fasting a better human being in the society.
03. Feeding Others: Whoever invites others to break the fast, and whoever takes care of the hungry, needy, during the last ten days of Ramadhan will receive equal rewards to the fasting person(s).
04. Generosity: Kindness, hospitality, visitation, etc. All of these and many more are among the benefits of Ramadhan.
05. Zakat al-Fitrah (Charity on Eid Day): The benefits of paying such as charity to the needy are tremendous, among which are the following:
2.Feeding the needy
4.Improving human relations
06. Sadaqah (Charity): The benefits of paying sadaqah are many. These are summarized as follows:
2.Flourishing of wealth
4.Circulation of wealth
5.Elimination of inflation
6.Elimination of poverty
07. Fasting and Health: By fasting, one gets the following benefits:
1.Purification of body from toxins
2.Reducing of weight
3.Purity of brain
4.Rejuvenation of body
5.Living of life with happiness
08. Change of Lifestyle: By living a different life style, one gets rid of the monotony of life and hence enjoys his life span.
09. Sharing: Of hunger, thirst and rituals with others in the society.